Mind blowing facts about the universe

Mind Blowing Facts About The Universe

mind blowing facts about the universe

The universe is ever-expanding and incomprehensibly infinite. The more it grows, the more mind-blowing facts it reveals to us about itself. If you’re in the mood for existentialism or simply feeling an ecstatic sense of wonder, read on.

“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Mind Blowing Facts About The Universe

  • A single human brain has as many nerve cells as there are stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Around 100 billion.
  • Matter, when subjected to adequate energy and time, ends up being sentient and ponders its own presence.
  • The universe overwhelmingly comprises of things that we can not see. The stars, planets, and galaxies that can be discovered makeup just 4 percent of the universe, say, astronomers. The other 96 percent comprises compounds that we cannot see or comprehend quickly.
  • These elusive compounds, called dark energy and dark matter, have actually not been identified. However, astronomers base their presence on the gravitational influence that both apply on a regular matter. That being the parts of the universe that can be seen.
  • For those of you considering opening your own clubs, there is most likely no place much better than Sagittarius B. Although it is 26,000 light-years away. This interstellar cloud of gas and dust contains over a billion liters of vinyl alcohol. Okay, so it’s not really drinkable, but it’s a very crucial organic substance that is a vital life.
  • Have you ever noticed that when the moon is directly on the horizon, it appears to be a lot closer and bigger? We call this the Ponzo impression. In this, your brain pumps up the size of the moon to make it appear larger than it truly is. Do not think it’s true? Next time you’re looking at a large moon block everything else out with your hands and enjoy it diminish.
  • Take the 13.8 billion year lifetime of deep space and map it onto a single year. Such that the Big Bang takes place on January 1 at midnight, and the existing time is mapped to December 31 at midnight. On this timeline, anatomically modern-day humans do not appear till about 11:52 pm on December 31st. What’s more, all of the documented histories take place during the last 10 seconds.
  • The noticeable universe is 98 billion light-years throughout and just 13.8 billion years old. Nothing takes a trip faster than the speed of light. It would take you longer than deep space that has actually existed to reach most points in the noticeable universe. That too, even if you could take a trip at near light speed. That’s if deep space was fixed, it’s not, deep space isn’t only broadening, the rate of growth is accelerating. The size of the greater universe is approximated to be 250 times bigger than the noticeable universe. Also, 7 trillion light-years throughout. The overwhelming bulk of deep space can never ever be seen because it’s growing faster than light can travel it. Eventually, all of the visible universes will be so far away that its light will never ever reach us. Thus, the visible universe will be limit itself to our regional cluster of galaxies.
  • In the grand scheme of things, we are all immortal. Our natural cells will die, our awareness will stop, and we will no longer be able to straight observe presence. However, the atoms that make up our bodies will just be brand-new substances. And if energy is neither creatable nor destroyable, if our atoms continue to be, we will eventually comprise the building blocks of brand-new substances. Pieces of us will watch the sun swallow up Mercury and Venus. Pieces of people will watch supernovae and great voids and all sorts of cosmic phenomena. Maybe even one day our atoms will go back to a nebula, and the cycle will start once again. A brand-new star forms, brand-new planets begin to orbit it. Liquid water evolves on a small green rock orbiting this star, and an intelligent type develops to take a trip to admire the wonders of our universe.
  • That each and every single random event since the dawn of development. The birth and death of stars, galaxies, and planets, the real genesis of life have actually resulted in you being here right now to read this article.

“All of this has actually happened in the past, and it will occur again.”

Battlestar Gallactica

If you have your own mind blowing facts about the universe? Share them in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *